Divorce solicitor Cheshire, Consent Orders - Divorce Solicitors Cheshire-Online Divorce Solicitors

Go to content

Main menu:

If you and your former partner agree an amicable settlement, a Consent Order is the legal document by which the  financial matters are finalised on divorce.

Without this, the financial claims either party may have against each other could remain open, leaving you at risk.

The Consent Order will deal with all the financial aspects of you case, which the court can make orders in relation to.

For example:-

  • The Former Matrimonial Home---Will it be sold or retained by one of the parties?   


  • Other Assets ---How will they be shared between the parties?


  • Personal Property and Furniture.---Who will keep what, or will items be sold?


  • Pensions---will these be retained in full , or subject to sharing, or offset against other assets?

  • Maintenance---Will there be maintenance from one party to the other. If so, for how long?

  • Child Maintenance. ---Normally the Child Support Agency has jurisdiction for Child Maintenance. However, the Courts can make an Order for Child Maintenance by consent.


  • Debts---Who will take on the responsibility of any debts of the marriage?

  • Clean Break ---Will there be a clean break, with neither party being able to make any claims against the other, or against the others estate?Divorce Solicitor Cheshire, Family Legal,  divorce solicitors Middlewich, solicitors Holmes Chapel, solicitors Sandbach, solicitors in Northwich, solicitors Winsford, Warrington, Congleton, Knutsford, Wilmslow, Alderley Edge, Chester, Lymm, Alrtincham

Call us on 01606 841273

                                or email

Help and support for separated families
Back to content | Back to main menu